New job website, off label poster and grower resources
(1) List your job vacancies on PickNZ
Employers wishing to post their vacancies for seasonal work are encouraged to use the newly developed PickNZ Job Board.
This new addition to the PickNZ website will meet the hortictulture sectors’ changing needs. PickNZ will be the main place to advertise seasonal roles formerly posted to the Ministry of Social Development’s Work the Seasons (WTS) website.
While the peak of the seasonal harvest work won’t start for a couple of months we encourage you to register on the job board and advertise for expressions of interest to start planning for your season.
- Job board is designed for horticulture allowing filtering by region and by crop.
- Allows employers to seek expressions of interests, indicate if they need workers soon, or need workers now.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Help available from TomatoesNZ and HortNZ.
- This year’s Opportunity Grows Here Seasonal Labour Marketing Campaigns (supported by the Ministry for Primary Industries) will be directed at the PickNZ site.
- The website also provides useful information on the different growing regions and the types of work available.
- PickNZ is designed for seasonal roles. The GoHort site should be used for permanent roles.
Feedback of the site is welcome to email@example.com to further tailor the job board and website to meet the industry needs.
(2) New Vegetable Research & Innovation (VR&I) posters for growers
The Vegetable Research & Innovation (VR&I) group have recently produced three new resources for growers:
- Off label use poster
- Generic IPM guideline flyer for vegetable crops
- Vegetated buffer strips Code of Practice flyer (for outdoor growers)
An article on the off label guidance poster will also be in the October issue of NZ Grower. You can download these resources below.