Horticulture New Zealand Scholarships 2019 are open
There are two types of scholarships you can apply for:
$500 HortNZ Industry Training Scholarship: available to industry trainees. This scholarship provides financial assistance and acknowledges the achievements of those who currently work and study (towards certificates and/or diplomas) in the fruit and vegetable industry.
$4500 HortNZ Undergraduate Scholarship: available to students studying towards an under-graduate degree. This package includes $3000 for fees and $1500 towards attending the annual Horticulture conference. The registration, travel & accommodation costs are all covered. It provides an excellent opportunity to obtain funding for study, learn from cutting edge conference sessions and mix with key industry figures.
Each scholarship is for one year only.
- New Zealand citizen or resident;
- Signs of commitment to the fruit and vegetable industry;
- Potential and willingness to contribute to the fruit and vegetable industry;
- Achievement and responsibilities to date (includes level or performance in study, academic achievement and contribution to workplace during practical experience);
- Skills, e.g. technical, management, communication and relationship skills;
- Individual approach;
- Personal qualities;
- Referees comments;
- Agreement to contribute to the promotion of the NZ horticulture industry
- Students and trainees must be registered in their course at 20 March 2019
How to apply
Application forms (including referee forms) and detailed instructions as to how to apply are available from the “People” Section of the HortNZ website: http://www.hortnz.co.nz/our-work/people/horticulture-scholarships/
Applications are to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Sue Pickering email@example.com, 021 938 825
Closing date is 20 March 2019